The Axial SMT10 Grave Digger RTR 1/10 4WD Monster Truck is a true-to-scale, 4-wheel drive, straight-axle Monster Jam RC truck that’s the perfect basher for everyone from scale RC enthusiasts to full-size monster truck fans. Licensed from Feld Motorsports, the genuine Grave Digger ‘50s-era panel van body is as ghoulishly real as it gets, from the trademark graveyard paint scheme and chrome Zoomie headers to the driver figure with glow-in-the-dark helmet. BKT Monster Jam style tires with foam inserts add more scale realism along with impressive grip and handling on a wide range of terrain.
Everything going on beneath the scale body is just as exciting. Axial designers went all out when creating the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10 Grave Digger monster truck. Very similar to those of full-size Monster Jam trucks, the SMT10 tube frame chassis was developed for maximum strength and has an extremely realistic appearance. There are a variety of shock mounting points for suspension tuning options, with additional mounting points on the cage and at the axle for moving the shocks to a more scale, vertical position if desired. Mated to the proven Axial AR60 axle, the 4-link suspension soaks up any obstacles in its path.
The SMT10 comes factory-built and ready-to-run with updated, improved electronics and radio gear. The Dynamite 550-size motor provides higher torque and top speed for pulling off radical monster truck moves. It’s matched with a LiPo- and NiMH-compatible Dynamite 60A ESC that features forward/brake/reverse, forward/brake and crawler drive modes.
The included FHSS 2.4GHz radio gear is all high-quality Spektrum brand equipment. The STX2 2-channel transmitter and SRX200 receiver provide fast response and outstanding range. Enjoy precise, interference-free control while striking terror in your bashing competition!
- MORE POWER! 550 SIZED 12-TURN MOTOR: Among the updates Axial designers have given this Grave Digger® truck is a more powerful Dynamite® 550-size 12-turn brushed motor. It provides increased torque and top speed to help you pull off radical monster truck moves.
- DYNAMITE® 60A FWD/REV BRUSHED ESC, WATERPROOF: This waterproof, brushed ESC is NiMH/LiPo compatible and offers forward/brake/reverse, forward/brake and crawler drive modes.
- Waterproof for all weather operation
- 2S Li-Po down to 12T
- Program functions changed with the use of jumper pins
- AX10 TRANSMISSION, ALL METAL INTERNAL GEARS: Updated Dual Pad slipper system with 32 Pitch gearing. New slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. More precise tuning and holding power. Stronger 32P gearing for high torque applications. 56T Spur / 14T Pinion RTR gearing for 2S.
- All metal internal transmission gears
- Metal motor plate
- 32P gearing
- Heavy duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
- ICONIC GRAVE DIGGER® BODY: Genuine Grave Digger body, licensed by Feld Motorsports. This is a real as it gets!
- .040 polycarbonate replica of the classic Grave Digger 1950 panel van
- .040 scale interior with driver figure
- Chrome Zoomie style headers
- SMT10™ TUBE FRAME CHASSIS: Axial went all out when designing the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10™ Grave Digger Monster Jam® Truck. Very similar to the modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance. The chassis offers many pivot points for suspension tuning. Scale realism and strength are achieved through triangulation of the chassis tubes, making it ready for maximum attack and hard core Monster Truck bashing.
- BKT MONSTER JAM TIRES: BKT is the official and exclusive tire manufacturer of Monster Jam® and its fleet of monster trucks. Their special BKT Monster Jam Tire is purpose-built for the rigors of Monster Jam Truck racing and freestyle competition — just as these 1/10 scale BKT tires provide scale realism and maximum performance for your Axial® Monster Jam truck. Foam inserts included.
- 2.2 MONSTER TRUCK WHEELS: The 2.2 monster truck wheels are molded from high-quality nylon and secured with a solid 12mm hex mount. Breather holes improve handling by allowing air to escape and minimizing the bounce when tires impact the ground.
- 2.2 Monster Truck Wheels (silver)
- Molded from a blend of high quality nylon materials for strength and durability
- Solid 12mm hex mount
- AR60™ OCP-AXLE: AR60 OCP-Axle - The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of these axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- Updated steering knuckles for dual shear
- TRAILING ARM 4-LINKED REAR SUSPENSION: The SMT10™ features the proven AR60 axle with a trailing arm 4-linked rear suspension and additional shock mounting positions.
- HYDRAULIC RAM STYLE STEERING LINKS: Axial® engineers designed a heavy-duty tie rod, drag link, and simulated scale hydraulic ram steering link to keep the massive BKT tires pointed in the right direction so you stay on course.
- WB8 HD DRIVESHAFTS: The Grave Digger truck’s WB8 HD driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter crosspin (2x11mm) for extra strength. Material added on the center splined slider reduces flex and fatigue.
- REAR SWAY BAR: The rear sway bar helps to keep torque twist and body lean to a minimum during acceleration. The SMT10™ chassis design allows you to add an optional sway bar to the front if desired.
- MULTIPLE SHOCK MOUNTING POSITIONS: Axial included a variety of shock mounting points for additional suspension tuning options. There’s also additional mounting points on the cage and at the axle for moving your shocks to a more scale, vertical position if desired.
- EASY-ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: The battery tray is easy to access from the rear of the vehicle. To install your battery, remove one pin, swing out the tray door and slide in the battery pack. Four screws adjust the height of the tray, allowing room for most standard 2S batteries.
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX: The waterproof receiver box uses three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. Run without worry in mud, water or snow!
- SPEKTRUM™ STX2® FHSS 2.4GHz 2-CHANNEL TRANSMITTER
- Extended range and interference-free performance
- Throttle and steering reversing
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
- SPEKTRUM™ SRX200 FHSS 2.4GHz 2-CHANNEL RECEIVER
- Conformal-coated for protection against the elements
- Extra-long antenna lead for easy and effective placement
- Waterproof receiver box with silicone seals for the antenna, servo wires and cover
- SPEKTRUM™ S614 SERVO: The Spektrum S614 metal geared servo offers 201 oz-in of steering torque, a metal case for strength, and it’s waterproof for extra protection against the elements.
- GLOW IN THE DARK: Glow in the dark helmet set included!
- (1) Axial® SMT10™ Grave Digger® 4WD Ready-to-Run
- (1) Spektrum™ STX2® 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum™ SRX200 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum™ S614 Servo
- (1) Dynamite® DYNS1222 12-Turn 550 Brushed Motor
- (1) Dynamite® DYNS2210 60A FWD/REV Brushed ESC
- 2S LiPo Battery Pack with IC3™ connector
- Battery Charger
- (4) AA batteries for the transmitter
This product was added to our catalog on January 10, 2020
The stock radio has rate and trim adjustments, which you will need because the front tires rub the lower control arms at about 70% lock. The stock electronics are cheap, so I installed a more modern digital FlySky 2.4 radio and receiver. I would also recommend installing a second set of sway bars and mounts on the front axle, otherwise this thing will roll over all the time. Larger clod-buster style MT wheels/tires should work fine, and would help with the stability issues. I have a brushless motor/ESC that I plan to install for more power and better run times once I burn up the original 12T.
If you are on the fence, then buy this truck! When you order it, also get a sway bar and sway bar mount kit for the front axle, axle tube sleeves, and use a better digital radio/receiver. Other than that, it's about perfect!
Although I’m sure I’ll go brushless at some point, I feel this package is much improved over the first release, and is fun to drive and watch it behave like a real monster truck!
However, after I got the parts and started fixing it, the entire set is a really bad design. So I upgraded it to all steel. :) Works great now. Food for thought, upgrade the front steering column first thing. It will help you out in the long run.