The Axial SCX10 II retains the spirit of the SCX10 with its all-metal twin c-channel frame rails. But the frame rails are only 2% of this completely fresh design. Scale AR44 high pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed transmission with transfer case, front mounted battery tray, aluminum suspension links that use M4 hardware, and a suspension design that creates nearly zero bump steer. These are just a few of the features built into the SCX10 II.
NOTE: Assembled model shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. The item you will receive is unassembled and requires multiple items to complete the model. Body comes clear and unpainted. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
SCX10 II Features:
- AR44 HI-PINION AXLES:
- High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
- The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
- Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
- Single piece axle housing for added strength
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
- Front and rear 1-piece lockers
- Bolt on link mounts
- Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
- Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared the previous at 2.92 – this reduces torque twist at the axle which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
- 2000 JEEP® CHEROKEE BODY:
- Comes with molded scale detail parts (Grill with clear lenses, mirrors, door handles and liftgate trim panel).
- Clear Body with detailed decal sheet and window masks
- SCX10™ II TRANSMISSION:
- Transfer case design helps keep the driveshaft’s centered and as low as possible in the chassis
- Final drive ratio range 33.69 – 54.15 with available spur - pinion gear combinations
- Comes with 56T spur gear and 15T pinion / 32-pitch for durability
- All metal internal gears for strength and durability
- Final drive ratio (FDR) 40.44 with a range from 33.69 - 54.15 - Original SCX10 was 33.06
- Scale looks mimics a full size transmission and transfer case
- CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS):
- Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
- Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
- Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
- AR44 UNIVERSAL AXLE SET:
- Up to 45 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Compact yet durable design
- Hardened steel construction
- KINGPIN ANGLE:
- 8 degree kingpin angle
- Improved scrub radius over the AX10 axle
- ALL ALUMINUM SUSPENSION LINKS:
- All links are metal including the steering
- Custom tapered center - flared ends design
- Large M4 rod ends
- Grey anodized aluminum
- 1.9 METHOD MESH WHEELS:
- Officially licensed METHOD Mesh Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean look.
- 1.9 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A® KO2 TIRES - R35:
- Officially licensed by BFGoodrich
- 4.65” x 1.65” / 1.9 (118mm x 42.5mm)
- R35 compound
- ADJUSTABLE WHEELBASE:
- Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
- Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
- 4 link rear
- 12.3” wheelbase
- ICON ALUMINUM SHOCKS:
- Fully licensed Icon Vehicle Dynamics™ shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies, complete with aluminum faux reservoirs.
- Main shock body is threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability.
- Completely rebuildable, tunable and offer consistent handling.
- 61-90mm Aluminum Shock Set with 7mm piston.
- JCR OFFROAD VANGUARD BUMPERS:
- Scale licensed JCR Offroad front and rear bumpers.
- Rear mount has been extended and stiffer plastics chosen to help limit the typical sag seen in plastic bumpers.
- Lenses included for light locations on bumpers.
- Rear tow hitch included for added scale appearance.
- JCR OFFROAD XJ ROCK SLIDERS:
- Scale rock sliders licensed by JCR Offroad.
- Specifically sized to fit the Axial Jeep® Cherokee body.
- Adjustable widths.
- JCR OFFROAD ROOF RACK:
- JCR Offroad roof rack with mounting points for optional lights.
- ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY:
- The adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
- Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving.
- Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose.
- Easy access for quicker battery changes.
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000mAh).
- STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS:
- The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware.
- Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness).
- Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance.
- Simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy.
- The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain.
- Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
- WIRE ROUTING:
- Wire routing has been thoroughly thought through to help keep your chassis layout looking clean.
- In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame.
- Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo.
- WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX / ESC TRAY:
- Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity.
- Clean mounting surface for your ESC is large enough to accommodate up to 50x40mm footprint.
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS:
- WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength.
- A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance.
- Adjustable length driveline parts included in box.
Length: 22.1” (562mm)
Width: 8.9” (226mm)
Height: 10.5” (268mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3” (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.0” (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
Needed to Complete:
- Transmitter & Receiver
- 1/10 Scale ESC & Motor
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 2S to 3S LiPo Battery (32x44x147mm Max) & Charger
- AA size Batteries for Radio System
- Paint for Body
- Tools for assembly
- CA glue for tires
This product was added to our catalog on September 27, 2016