The Axial SCX10 II 1969 Chevrolet Blazer RTR 4WD Rock Crawler delivers classic looks with an open-air top and aggressive stance. But this Blazer sports more than just a macho look. Additional items like chrome-coated grille, mirrors and door handles are included. Officially licensed Chassis Unlimited front and rear tube bumpers are mounted tight to the body for maximum clearance and a set of offroad lights (with LEDs) shine some light when the sun goes down.
To keep the Blazer rolling along in even the toughest situations, Axial has mounted it on the proven SCX10 II chassis. High-clearance AR44 high-pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed AX10 transmission case and tough steel suspension links are just a few of the parts that make the Blazer a beast on any terrain.
AR44 SINGLE PIECE AXLE
The pinion gear is 6mm above center, this allows for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles. The high pinion design has an increased surface contact for increased durability. AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability. Integrated C-hubs and lockouts offer optimized performance as well as improved ground clearance. Helical, metal cut internal gears, and high-quality bearings are all standard equipment.
- High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
- The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
- Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
- AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability.
- 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
- Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
- Bolt on link mounts
- Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
- Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
The MR307 Hole is a fresh take on the classic hole-wheel design that dominated early off road racing. Just like the Double Standard and NV, the Hole features a simulated beadlock ring by way of a strategically placed under-cut on the outer lip of the wheel. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look, molded in a magnesium grey color with a satin chrome beadlock rim.
1.9 FALKEN WILD PEAK M/T TIRE (S30)
The WildPeak All Terrain tire has amazing traction on many surfaces, even with its rather conservative pattern. This fact alone has had the entire industry on the edge of their seats waiting to see what the Falken rubber will be able to do with a more aggressive pattern.
- Officially licensed by Falken Tire
- 119.0mm (4.7”) Tall, 48mm (1.9”) Wide
- S30 compound
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Up to 45 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Compact yet durable design
- Hardened steel construction
Strong steel links for both suspension and steering. Large M4 rod ends for durability.
AE-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE, WATERPROOF
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
- LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
- Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
- Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
NOTE: LED LEADS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLD AXIAL LED LIGHT STRINGS, or THIRD PARTY LED LIGHT STRINGS. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.
Length: 22" (559mm)
Width: 9.5" (241mm)
Height: 9.25" (235mm)
Wheelbase: 12.0" (304.8mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.0" (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
Motor: 35T brushed motor
Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz
Servos: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
ESC: AE-5L, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
Needed to Complete:
- 2S/3S Battery Pack w/T-Style Connector (or NiMH Battery w/T-Style Connector)
- Compatible Charger
- (4) AA batteries for transmitter
Compared to the original SCX10, there have been many improvements. The electronics are totally fine for my needs, and being able to run 3S out of the box is awesome. The servo could be stronger, but if I didn't have experience with higher end servos on my other truck I would have been happy with the stocker.
Now that I've ran through 8 or so battery packs, a few of the rod ends have developed play. Should be an easy fix to thread some Traxxas rod ends on here, but the truck still drives so well that I'm not sweating it. The stock shocks leaked and lost all their oil, so I swapped on some Traxxas TRX4 shocks. The stock wheels/tires are fine, but I had some Gmade steel beadlocks and Proline Super Swamper tires that I threw on it. Much more traction with the aftermarket wheels/tires.
This is a great truck and should provide plenty of good times even in 100% stock configuration.
I've tucked the bumpers and trimmed qtrs and radiused the fenders. Shock towers next, then shocks later on. Subtle stuff.
Nice articulation box stock... Just a fun r/c to trick out!
Brings back memories when I used to ride around in a friends Blazer long ago.
Eyeing another Axial... ;-)
Amain is good and quick with many products, no issues.
Needles to say this was another epic Holiday morning! We walk daily on our favorite trails with our pups and Scale every obstacle.
KUDOS AMAIN! KUDOS AXIAL!