This is the optional Avid RC "Mod" Triad Slipper Clutch. The Avid Triad Slipper is a compact system that uses 3 vented drive plates and 3 slipper pads to provide a more consistent driving feel, longer clutch life, and reduced rotating mass. The Triad delivers 20% more torque capacity in a smaller package, with lower rotating mass and will not suffer from lock-ups due to high pressure like other slipper systems. The Triad slipper has been tested by World Champions and they all agree that the Triad is the future. So if you want the best performance from your Associated or TLR 22 vehicles pick up a Triad and feel the difference.
- Includes updated vented self centering slipper plates!
- Smoother throttle brake feel in jumps and turns
- Compact, lightweight 3 plate design (Triad: 11.2g vs Stock: 16.49g)
- Longer clutch life, less maintenance
- Proprietary Triad Spur Gears
- Approximately 20% more torque capacity than a standard slipper clutch
- Progressive power delivery, designed to avoid lock-up
- 3 identical drive plates for easy assembly and maintenance
- 3 slipper pads key into the proprietary Triad spur gear
- Stock kit for 17.5 racers includes 72 and 76 spur gears (AVD1020-STK)
- Mod Racer Set includes 81 and 84 tooth spur gears
- Direct fit on the B4.1, B44.1*, and TLR 22 families of cars and trucks.
- B44.1 requires 3 standard axle shims (ASC7368) for proper fit. Not included
- For Kyosho RB5 and RB6, you will need the Triad Topshaft (AVD1020-TOP-KYO)
- Durango vehicles require the Avid Durango upgrade (AVD1020-DUR-UPGRADE)
- (2) Spur gears (81T/84T)
- (3) Drive plates
- (3) Slipper pads
- (1) Top shaft adapter
- (1) Spring adapter
- (1) Spring
This product was added to our catalog on November 6, 2012