Aluminum 4-Step Shock Absorber Set (2) (T2'008) by XRAY
$1.99 Flat Rate Shipping!
This item is eligible for $1.99 flat rate shipping Learn More
This product was added to our catalog on September 2, 2009.This is a set of optional XRAY Aluminum 4-Step Shock Absorbers, and are intended for use with the XRAY T2 008 and T2R Pro. These unique black hardcoated aluminum shocks are loaded with all of the features needed for today’s racing. When you need ultra-fine shocks for your lightweight electric touring car, the new XRAY shocks have you covered.
The unique XRAY aluminum shock absorbers have interchangeable internal parts, with fixed 1-piece precision pistons which are available with 3 different-diameter holes for damping adjustment: 1.1mm, 1.2mm, and 1.3mm holes. No matter what you choose, all pistons are ultra-true and round thanks to a very special mold design, resulting in ultra-free movement of the piston inside the shock body.
NOTE: The XRAY aluminum shock absorbers come with all the necessary parts to build one pair of shocks (2 shocks). Springs and shock oil are not included and must be purchased separately.
- The aluminum shock body is precision CNC-machined on the world’s most precise German long-turn CNC machine and every piece is robotically-inspected and measured to ensure maximum precision and tolerance. This is especially important with the inner diameter of the shock body to ensure that each one has an identical inner diameter to guarantee ultra-free shock piston movement.
- The shock bodies are black hardcoated using XRAY’s own fully robotic colorcoating line with purpose-mixed color fluids, ensuring a very even layer of color coating is applied to each shock body. After the coating process, every shock body is manually checked with high-precision calipers to ensure that the inner diameter of each shock body is exactly within the very stringent tolerances.
- The shock cartridge has been designed for self-centering shim(s) to hold silicone O-rings, guaranteeing perfect alignment in the shock body. A finely-threaded aluminum shock lower cap secures the silicone O-rings and shims in the shock body.
- Finely-threaded spring preload collars are used to make ride height quick and easy. Even in very dirty conditions it is still possible to very precisely adjust ride height.
- The upper aluminum cap features a small vent hole which makes shock assembly very predictable and easy, since excess shock oil will escape through this vent hole ensuring that the proper amount of the oil remains inside the shock assembly. A super-soft silicone membrane – supported by a miniature foam pad (inserted inside the membrane) – provides proper dampening characteristics.