The T-Rex 470L Electric Helicopter is a freshly designed new size for Align, featuring 380mm main blades which have become ever more popular within the helicopter community. Included within the kit is an excellent electronics package which will provide proven and reliable performance at an excellent price to performance ratio.
By moving to 380mm Main Blades, pilots will notice an improvement not only in performance for all aspects of flying, but additional stability due to large disk area in flight. Overall the larger helicopter will improve visibility over a standard 450 (325-360mm Main Blades) helicopter. By bumping up the power package to 6s 1800 and a matched 1800kV motor additional flight time can be added to the heli, or insane performance can be provided with higher headspeeds. The T-Rex 470L will be extremely versatile, and should be a staple in most pilots hangar. It can be flown in an average sized park for the sport flyer, or taken out to your local flying field to lay down excellent 3D performance.
The 470LP Model utilizes mostly plastic components, which aid in lowering the weight even more compared to the "M" model.
Features at a Glance:
- 380mm Main Blades offer excellent stability and performance
- 69mm Tail Blades add improved tail holding performance in demanding maneuvers
- 470EFL Rotor Head Design implements a low CG, and extremely rigid design
- 6mm Main Shaft
- 5mm Spindle Shaft
- 470MX 1800kV Motor included for excellent power and efficiency for 380mm sized blades
- Metal Shapely Reinforcement Plate provides increased strength around motor area
- 1.2mm Side Frames
- 3rd Main Shaft Bearing Block for improved strength and support
- Align 50A ESC included offers an excellent pairing with 470MX motor, and 8.4V output to servos
- Battery Tray Design/Locking System built into the frame
- High Voltage 450M and 455M servos included for incredible performance
- Belt Driven Tail for low maintenance design, and a proven design
- External Knob Adjustment for Belt Tension
Main Blade Length: 380mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 850mm
- (1) T-Rex 470LP Dominator Super Combo Kit
- (1) 380 Carbon Fiber Blade Set
- (1) 69mm Tail Blade Set
- (1) 470MX Brushless Motor (1800KV)
- (3) DS450 High Voltage Servo
- (1) DS455 High Voltage Servo
- (1) Align RCE-BL 50X 50A Brushless ESC
- (1) Microbeast PLUS Flybarless System
Needed to Complete:
- Transmitter (7-channel or more, helicopter system)
- Receiver (7-channel or more)
- (1) 6s LiPo 1800mAh
- LiPo Battery Charger
- Digital Pitch Gauge
-Killer combo savings
-Cheap to crash
-Parts are everywhere
-Better than average hardware
-ESC isn't fantastic but will get you going. Recommend a HW50 Platinum off the bat.
-74mm tails should be included in the box instead of the 69mm
-1800mah 6s packs aren't exacly cheap at $50+. You'll want the weight for balance so I wouldn't recommend going smaller to save cash.
If you're deciding between the 470LM and LP, I would recommend picking up the LP and putting that money in a couple extra 1800 packs or upgrading the microbeast to pro for the rescue. Or even better, selling the microbeast and picking up a ikon2 flybarless system.
I knocked off half a star each for the meh ESC and still packaging the old 69mm tails but I would buy this all over again in a heartbeat.
This is my first build and I think it's the only way to do it, if you can afford it. Because all the electronics are perfectly matched and the instructions are very good and there is lots of help online. The only hard part I can see is the microbeast stuff. Will do an update when I get that done.
Overall this is a great heli. I am very happy with it.