This is a pack of two AKA P1 1/8 Buggy Tires Pre-Mounted to White AKA EVO Wheels. These tires are glued to the wheel and ready for use.
The P1 is AKA's latest addition to the line up that slots in between the GridIron II and the Impact. The target for the tire was to achieve longer wear than the GridIron II while keeping a smaller pin to perform well in the dust. To achieve this the P1 was designed with a more dense tread pattern than the Grid II using a smaller pin with closer spacing. The result is a tire that has more forward bite and life span than the GridIron II. The outer row of lugs on the P1 has been designed to provide stability under high lateral loads and keep the sidewall from collapsing into the wheel. The profile of the carcass is the same as the World Champion Double Down which will keep the car flatter in the turns and keep the transitions left to right smooth.
- Fits between the Grid Iron II and Impact
- More rubber density than Grid II tread pattern equals better wear and forward traction
- Less side bite than Grid II equals a freer feel in the turns
- Reinforced sidewall lugs provides stability at high speed and high lateral loads
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.