This is a pair of two AKA Racing Impact 2.2 Rear Buggy Tires, mounted on White AKA HEXlite 12mm Hex Wheels. These tires feature the industry standard AKA Red Closed Cell Inserts, and are intended for use with Team Associated, TLR/Losi and Kyosho 1/10 2WD and 4WD buggies that use a 12mm hex rear wheel.
The Handlebars indoor low-profile tread pattern features minimal tread height for speed, stability and traction on hard-packed surfaces. The leading and trailing edges of the treads have been rounded to minimize break-in time while AKA's proprietary compounds provide low tire wear.
The AKA HEXlite 1/10 buggy wheels were designed with two things in mind, weight and durability. Both were achieved through superior engineering and use of AKA's proprietary high-impact nylon. This combination makes them one of the lightest hex wheels on the market. Plus, HEXlite wheels spin true and balanced thanks to the "made in the U.S.A" quality craftsmanship. Also, a revolutionary feature to the 1/10 market is the optional wheel stiffener insert (AKA33101Y & AKA33101W - sold separately). It has been designed to stiffen the already stiff wheel, as well as help prevent dirt from building up inside the wheel, which will cause the wheel to go out of balance.
Click Here For AKA 1/10 Buggy Tire Chart
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it's a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Assembly Quality: AKA R-Line Pre-Mounts are all hand assembled using AKA Premium tire glue and are double checked for adhesion quality. There is no doubt AKA has the best pre-mounts in the industry.
This product was added to our catalog on March 15, 2013