"Air" Field Link Programmer by Castle Creations
This is the Castle Creations "Air" Field Link Programmer. The AIR Field Link is compatible with nearly all Phoenix, Phoenix HV, ICE, ICE HV and Thunderbird controllers as well as CC BEC and CC BEC PRO BECs. Sometimes you need to make a change in the programming of a Castle controller and you just don't happen to have a laptop in your man purse. What to do? There's always the old stick programming method that we all love to hate. Yes it works, but...there has to be a better way. Now there is Field Link! Field Link allows you to modify the most commonly used settings in your Castle controller all at the touch of a single button. No computer needed (mostly). Simply connect the Field Link to the throttle lead of the controller and power the pair as described below. Click the button to scroll through and change the indicated settings. It doesnt get any easier! This card is also a Castle Link that allows access to the entire world of Castle tuning functionality.
Does it work without a computer or not?
Yes, mostly. The card is programmed to work with the latest controllers and software when it leaves the Castle workshop. It will work with all Castle Link compatible controllers running software released since 2007. Go to www.castlecreations.com for more details. There is always a chance that Castle will upgrade the controller firmware down the road and that upgrade may require that the Field Link be upgraded too. That is easily accomplished, but it will require a computer running the latest version of Castle Link that is always available for free on the Castle website. Castle will also be happy to upgrade it for you if you send it to them in the mail.
Specific Usage Notes:
- Thunderbird Controllers: Thunderbird controllers have fewer settings than may be represented on the Field Link. The Field Link will simply skip over these unsupported option rows.
- CC BEC and CC BEC Pro: CC BEC and CC BEC Pro have adjustable output voltages only. Use the BEC VOLTAGE row on the Field Link to change their output value.
- CC BEC: CC BEC does not supply output power when connected to the Castle Link or Field Link. It must therefore be powered with a Y harness for field use. The motor pack is not required for this specific setup.
- CC BEC Pro: To use the Field Link you must use the adapter cable provided with your CC BEC Pro. Connect one side to the Field Link and the other side to the “Link Port” on your CC BEC Pro.
Note: Field Link Card is capable of changing the following settings, however, the card cannot change settings on controller series that do not have these settings.
- Cutoff voltage
- Auto LiPo volts per cell (3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5)
- Low voltage cutoff type
- BEC voltage setting
- Motor timing
- Motor direction
- Throttle type
- Governor gain
Length: 3.5" (89mm)
Width: 2.25" (57mm)
Height: .1875" (5mm)
This product is expected to arrive on Thursday, March 2 2017.