The Agama A319 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit is the culmination of years of design, development and dedication. This buggy combines all of the attributes that are synonymous with the Agama brand to create a buggy with high quality materials and forward thinking designs. The SV buggy was a huge step forward from the A215 and the A319 is a huge leap for both club level drivers and world class racers!
When the buggy was on the drawing table there were key changes to be achieved and this has all come together in a superb platform! The ease of maintenance on the buggy has been hugely improved along with the ease of driving at a fast pace!
NOTE: Painted body, engine, exhaust and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Chassis: The chassis plate features a redesigned shape at the front and rear. The rear has more torsional flex while still remaining longitudinally stiff, the front of the chassis has also been more angled to offer better clearance from the tire at full lock as well as more roll clearance in long sweeping turns. The chassis is also narrower to provide a lower overall weight while keeping the overall width and driving characteristics associated with that. The chassis also no longer has the holes in the bottom of it, because the gearboxes are now mounted higher.
- Radio Tray: A redesigned radio tray makes for better servo position, more room in the boxes for all of the electrical equipment as well as a quicker and easier removal of the radio tray and servos.
- Split center diff mount: A split center diff mount is now used, the diff is now rotated with the spur to the back and a new brake linkage system is used for more consistent braking throughout a run.
- Drivetrain: The drivetrain features updated 39T Crown gears mated to 12T pinion gears. This makes the buggy easier to drive with more corner speed, a smoother more efficient transmission and a class leading durability. A 48T spur gear and 13T clutch bell are used to maintain the correct final drive ratio.
- Lightweight one piece rear wing mount: A lightweight one piece wing mount has been utilized it offers more durability and a lower center of gravity while also allowing for more tuning options with a range of height adjustment where it mounts to the rear shock tower.
- Shock towers: With the front and rear geometry, redesigned shock towers have been used that give the optimum shock length for all conditions and the rear tower has the various wing mount height holes.
- Wishbones hangers: Redesigned A/B/C/D blocks offer updated roll center and anti squat positions more optimized for the updated geometry that is presented throughout the buggy.
- Steering Posts: Longer steel steering posts are used, this is for compatibility with the updated raised front gearbox and steering assembly.
- Steering Top Plate: A redesigned composite steering top plate has been developed with the changes in steering post positions on the chassis plate as well as the raised front gearbox.
- Chassis Braces: The chassis braces are used with a single chassis mounting point on both the front and rear, a secondary rear brace is also included in the box for a further reduction in chassis flex.
- Fuel Tank: A redesigned fuel tank features a lower and wider shape for lowered center of gravity and it also now has a higher capacity that is in line with the legal specification.
- Body Shell: Unique nitro body shell, for better durability, performance and to fit to the chassis shape.
- Chassis side Guards: The chassis side guards have a updated shape and height for better protection from the ingress of damp and dust and they will now fit the new chassis shape. They also now use a wraparound design for even better protection in all racing conditions.
- Caster Block: A 17.5 degree composite caster block is included in the box
- Steering Plates: Redesigned steering plates are used to change the Ackerman of the buggy, making it easier to driver and more rotation on low speed and smoother at high speed.
Needed To Complete:
- .21 class rear exhaust engine
- Exhaust system
- 2-channel radio/transmitter set with switch
- Transmitter batteries
- 4.8-7.4v receiver battery pack
- Model car fuel (30% nitro recommended)
- Fuel bottle
- Glow igniter
- Starter box
- Steering servo
- Throttle servo
- CA glue for tires/wheels
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint for body
- Thread-locking compound
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools for assembly
This product was added to our catalog on October 29, 2019