AE-3 Vanguard Brushless ESC by Axial Racing
This product was added to our catalog on January 21, 2015.
This is a replacement Axial AE-3 Vanguard Brushless ESC. Axial’s AE-3 Vanguard brushless ESC delivers smooth power at all times. Numerous programmable features let you fine tune your set-up to perfectly match any conditions. Superior power and efficiency over standard brushed motors to help you leave the competition in the dust! Manufactured by Castle Creations.
- Brake/Reverse Type – sets ESC’s reverse mode, and how it is applied. Reverse can also be disabled.
- Brake Amount – sets the percentage of braking power at full brake. Low-grip surfaces will require less braking power to stay in control, especially when entering corners.
- Reverse Amount – sets the percentage of power applied when reversing, if reverse mode is enabled. Lower percentage for less speed, higher percentage for more speed.
- Punch/Traction Control – sets the percentage of power applied at start-up. Use less power for low-grip surfaces, use more power for high-grip surfaces.
- Drag Brake – sets the percentage of brake that is automatically applied at neutral throttle. Brushless motors have a lot less drag than brushed motors. This mode allows fine tuning to match the slight braking effect of a brushed motor at neutral. Higher percentage of drag brake will give you more braking power at neutral throttle.
- Dead Band – sets throttle sensitivity from the neutral position. Less dead band gives a more instant throttle response. More dead band yields a less instant throttle response.
- Cut-Off Voltage – sets the voltage threshold at which the ESC removes power from the motor. For use with Lipo batteries to retain a safe minimum voltage. This feature can be turned off for use with standard NiMH packs. High capacity NiMH packs (5000mah or higher) are recommended for best results.
- Motor Timing – sets the timing advance on the motor to reduce or increase amp draw, run time, motor/battery temperatures, top speed and punch. Great for fine tuning performance.
Voltage Input: 2S-3S LiPo (7.4V-11.1V); 6-10 NiCd/NiMH (7.2V-12V)
BEC: 3A @ 2S input
Current Rating: up to 100A
Dimensions: 1.95 x 1.51 x 0.83 in (49.5mm x 38mm x 21mm)
Weight: 2.1 oz (62g)
Motor Wires: 4mm female bullet connectors
Battery Wires: 13AWG 4.72 in (120mm), with Deans® Ultra Plug®
Receiver Wire: 10 3/4 in (273mm), with universal radio connector
Motor Limit: on 2S/4200kV Max; on 3S/2900kV Max
Protections: low voltage cutoff, thermal protection
Note: it is very important to monitor ESC and motor temps during your first initial run to ensure temperatures remain reasonable. If temps are too high under normal conditions try changing the overall gear ratio with either a smaller pinion or a bigger spur gear.