A-10 Thunderbolt II PNP Electric Ducted Fan Jet Airplane (1500m) by FMS
This product was added to our catalog on April 24, 2017.
A stunning scale tribute to the legendary US jet, the FMS A-10 1500mm Thunderbolt II must be seen in person to be truly appreciated.
It's features 70mm twin electric ducted fans, advanced construction features and incredible scale detail, including an aggressive paint scheme. From all-around rivets and panel lines, detachable bomb and missile sets and pilot figure, FMS's A-10 is a plane that scale enthusiasts will gush over.
The "Hog" assembles quickly, thanks to optimized screw-based assembly, ball links, a heavy-duty wing spar, and the latest multi-connect technology. In short, you'll be making strafing passes in no time.
In addition the A-10 uses the newest locked-rotor mode E-retract system coupled with FMS's refined and oriented CNC-processed metal landing gear set for assistance with those not-so-perfect landings. The power system utilizes a new and improved twin 70mm 12-blade EDF V2, KV1850 inner-running motor system provides tremendous power and speed when couple with a 6S battery.
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II History
The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single-seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). Commonly referred to by its nicknames Warthog or Hog, its official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter that was effective at attacking ground targets.
- Powerful twin inner running motors with the latest 70mm 12-blade EDF, plus the high-quality Predator 70A ESC
- Incredible scale detail throughout:
- Scaled CNC-processed metal landing gear set
- Detachable bomb and missile set
- Pilot figure
- Panel lines and rivets
- The latest high-brightness LED set
- The latest locked-rotor mode E-retract with overcurrent protection
- Multi-connector for one-step installation
- Metal digital servos for excellent controlling capacity
- Bearings in wheel hub for better performance
- Button type canopy hatch
- Large battery compartment
- Pre-installed, newly designed ball link-style control horns for more throw
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: ~4 minutes
CG (Center of Gravity): 80-85mm (From Leading Edge)
Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
EDF Size: Inner running Brushless 2860 KV1850 x 2 (installed)
Flying Weight: ~4100g
Length: 53.9in (1368mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6+ Channel Radio System (not included)
Minimum Speed Control: 70A x 2 (installed)
Recommended Motor Battery: Li-Po 22.2V 5000mAh 45C (not included)
Servos: 17g metal digital Servo x 4, 9g metal digital Servo x 5 (installed)
Wing Area: 36.2dmē (561sq.in)
Wing Loading: 113.2g/dmē (0.26oz/inē)
Wingspan: 59.1in (1500mm)
- (1) A-10 Thunderbolt II PNP
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- 6+ Channel Radio System
- Lipo Battery
- LiPo Charger
- simple setup required
- It is VERY stable in the air and has a MASSIVE flight envelope, this twin 70mm setup give you a lot of thrust, and flares on landing easy
- It's not super fast but it's beautiful in the air and flies with authority! It's exactly what you should want out of an A-10!
- It's an easy plane to fly as long as you have experience, I would NOT recommend this as a first jet unless you have plenty of experience under your belt.
- 5000mah 6s 30c and you can get 4.5-5.0 minutes of flight time mixed throttle. Will take a much larger battery
- can do low speed tight patterns in an area similar to what an 1100mm prop plane would, hit the throttle and go vertical rolling the whole way!
- Hard landings can potentially flex the fuselage enough to leave wrinkles, FMS should have reinforced the fuse better
- Check the landing gear screws, they will likely be loose out of the box. Poor oversight by FMS
- Battery compartment is wide in negative space and very narrow battery area, also a poor oversight on FMS
- You don't want to stop flying it and you'll spend hundreds on batteries!)