8IGHT-T E 3.0 1/8 Electric 4WD Off-Road Truggy Kit by Team Losi Racing
This product was added to our catalog on September 1, 2015.
This is the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-T E 3.0 1/8 Electric 4WD Off-Road Truggy Kit. It would have been easiest for TLR to simply convert the 8IGHT-T 3.0 chassis to an electric platform... but easy isn't best.
To remain as dominant as the nitro big brother, the team at TLR decided to reexamine the platform and build upon the winning aspects of the 8IGHT-T 3.0 with a revised chassis layout and suspension setup specifically made for extreme brushless power.
- Hard anodized, 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum chassis and shock towers
- Revised chassis layout milled and balanced for electric power
- Multiple ESC and battery mounting locations
- Long-bore 16mm shocks and tapered springs
- Suspension components optimized for electric power
- Adjustable front and rear pivots
- Lightweight outdrives
- Adjustable hinge pin braces
- Aluminum servo saver top
- Aluminum rear bearing inserts
- Electric version body
- Adjustable rear wing
- Aluminum Chassis Designed for Electric Power: Rather than adapt the existing 8IGHT-T 3.0 nitro chassis, the Team engineered an updated chassis that has been widened and balanced specifically for electric power. It is milled from lightweight, 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum and has been hard anodized for maximum durability.
- Special Updates and Tuning Options: The chassis gives racers multiple ESC and battery mounting locations. This makes it possible to easily relocate components when tuning the vehicle’s balance for varying track conditions. Specific suspension components such as springs, shock pistons and sway bars have also been updated to better complement electric power systems.
- Large-Bore 16mm Shocks and Tapered Springs: The large volume shocks are easier to tune and remain more consistent during temperature change. They feature tapered springs that provide greater clearance while reducing the chance of spring cup ejection during extreme impacts. Machined pistons are included for greater precision and increased performance.
- CNC Shock Towers: The front and rear shock towers are machined from 4mm 7075-T6 aluminum and hard anodized for maximum durability.
- Adjustable Pivots: The kit includes hard anodized adjustable front pivots and low roll center rear pivots with adjustable bushings.
- Optional Parts Included: Many of the parts included with this kit are popular upgrades that will give you everything you need to build a Team spec truggy right out of the box. This includes lightweight outdrives, adjustable hinge pin braces, an aluminum servo saver top, aluminum rear bearing inserts and more.
- Electric Version Body and Adjustable Rear Wing: The body shares many of the same lines with the nitro version body but extends the rear stabilization fin so that it meets the rear of the cab. The adjustable rear wing includes a .250 and .500 inch spacer that lets you move the wing back for extra stability on high-speed tracks.
Length: 18.75 in (476mm)
Width: 16.38 in (416.1mm)
Height: 7.30 in (185.5mm)
Ground Clearance: 1.57 in (40mm)
Wheelbase: 14.93–15.09 in (379–383mm)
Weight: 9.90 lbs (4.49kg)
Chassis: 4mm Billet, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: 4-Wheel Independent
Tire Type: 5.5 in (140mm) (Not included)
Motor or Engine: 690 size required (Not included)
Speed Control: Not included
Radio: 2–3 channel surface radio system required (Not included)
Servos: Not included
Batteries: 14.8V 5000mAh 4S LiPo minimum (Not included)
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
Wheel Size: 3.93×2.25 in (100×58mm) Truggy type (Not included)
Shock Type: 16mm Bore, Oil Filled, with Bladder
Body: Heavy Duty Lexan/Unpainted
Ball Bearings: Full Precision Ball Bearings included
- 2+ Channel Radio System
- 1/8 Scale ESC and Motor
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 4S 14.8V LiPo Battery (5000mAh recommended)
- 1/8 Scale Truggy Tires, Wheels & CA glue
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)