8IGHT/8IGHT-T 2.0 Starter Box by Team Losi Racing
This product was added to our catalog on March 1, 2013.
This is the Team Losi Racing Starter Box, and is intended for use with the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT and 8IGHT-T line of 1/8 scale nitro buggies and truggies. This stylish box features a single 775-sized motor, exterior power jacks for easy battery charging and will accept NiMH or LiPo battery power.
- High-Powered 775-size motor for engine-firing torque and long life
- Compatible with any Team Losi Racing 8IGHT/8IGHT-T vehicle
- Adjustable positioning mounts for simple conversion from Buggy to Truggy in seconds
- Versatile power capable of NiMH and LiPo battery packs
- Optimized Rubber Starter Wheel for improved contact with engine flywheel; provides quick and efficient engine starting
- Power jacks allow for convenient charging for the battery
If you push down on the rear shock tower instead of the engine......the chassis likely will not flex enough......and the starter wheel often won't engage the flywheel. After having difficulties in the beginning....I stumbled onto this tip while watching a losi instructional video on youtube. Now my starter box works every time!
I gave only four stars because solder joints on the motor tabs were faulty out of the box. I had to re-route wires and re-solder. Converted to use 4S lipo. Works ok now. Probably should be only three stars on this box.....but I love my 8 RTR racecar!)