8IGHT 4.0 1/8 4WD Nitro Buggy Kit by Team Losi Racing
This product was added to our catalog on November 19, 2015.
This is the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT 4.0 1/8 4WD Nitro Buggy Kit. Building on the Championship-Winning heritage of the 8IGHT platform - one that encompasses multiple ROAR National Titles in addition to major international wins - the 8IGHT 4.0 features updates to the suspension geometry, drivetrain layout, front sprindles, gearbox, front bumper, shock towers and so much more.
- Revised Suspension Geometry: New suspension geometry makes it easier for drivers of all experience levels to turn faster lap times with fewer mistakes, particularly during brutal, hour-long mains.
- Optimized Drivetrain Layout: The engine has been repositioned to reduce front driveshaft angle so more power makes it to the front wheels.
- Ball Bearing Actuators: The revised throttle actuator now uses bearings to further improve throttle and brake response. It also features a new brace that prevents flexing during heavy braking.
- Large Bearing Spindles and Hubs: Front spindles and rear hubs have been revised to accept a larger 8 x 16 x 5 outer bearing for increased durability.
- Revised Chassis Side Guards: The chassis side guards have been updated for a better fit. They also feature indentations for the Velcro body strips.
- Large-Footprint Engine Mount: In addition to its new position, the engine mount has been designed with a larger footprint that substantially reduces chassis flex and fatigue underneath the engine when racing on high-grip tracks.
- Adjustable Caster Blocks: The adjustable, 15-degree caster blocks make it possible to tune dog bone plunge by changing the height of the spindle.
- New Bleeder Shock Caps and Seals: The new bleeder shock caps and internal seals allow for easier rebuilds while using an emulsion shock setup. New bushings that press into the shock cap further improve durability.
- Driveshaft and Dog Bone Boots: Molded rubber boots on the universals and center drivetrain dog bones increase U- joint life by holding lubrication in and keeping dirt out.
- Redesigned Shock Towers: The machined aluminum shock towers have new camber link and shock location holes that give racers more tuning options for changing track conditions.
- Weight Ballast-Ready: The chassis has been designed to accommodate hard-mount ballast weights so it is easier to meet the ROAR minimum weight requirement.
- Cab-Forward Body: The cab-forward body moves aerodynamic pressure further forward on the car, which improves steering.
- Durable 4mm hard-anodized 7075 T-6 aluminum chassis
- Improved suspension geometry
- Reduced front driveshaft angle
- Ball bearing throttle and brake actuators
- Large-bearing spindles and hubs
- Revised chassis side guards
- Larger engine mount that reduces chassis flex
- 15° caster blocks with adjustable spindle height
- Aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder holes
- Molded driveshaft and dog bone boots
- Aluminum shock towers with updated camber link and shock location holes
- Weight ballast-ready to meet ROAR minimum weight requirement
Length: 19.6 in (497mm)
Width: 12.1 in (308mm)
Height: 7.1 in (180mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4 in (60mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7–12.9 in (323–327mm)
Weight: Varies on equipment used
Chassis: 4mm, 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Hard Anodized
Tire Type: Not included
Motor or Engine: .21–.31 size engine (not included)
Speed Control: Not included
Radio: Not included
Servos: Not included
Batteries: Not included
Charger: Not included
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
Wheel Size: 3.3 in (83.5mm)
Shock Type: Aluminum, Oil-Filled
Body: 8 3.0 Cab Forward, unpainted
Ball Bearings: Yes – Throughout
Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.2 oz (125cc)
Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
Needed To Complete:
- .21 Size Nitro Engine
- Tuned Exhaust System
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering & Throttle Servo
- Receiver Battery Pack and Charger
- Starter Box
- Glow Igniter
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle/Fuel Gun
- Polycarbonate Paint
- 1/8 Scale Off-Road Buggy Tires & Inserts
Biggest improvement - front driveshaft angle far less aggressive vs. the 3.0, but STILL YIELDS SIMILAR DRIVESHAFT WEAR to the 3.0 (why not have interchangeable / one-for-one front/rear center driveshafts). The larger engine mount is also good.... All other upgrades between the 4.0 and 3.0 - not really worth mentioning (e.g., rubber driveshaft boots, etc.).
If you can find the 3.0 at circa 300 USD less than this kit = Go for the 3.0, a great value! Spares probably will become hard to find though if I had to guess.....
Overall, will say the 4.0 is a great kit. The kit is winning races - which says a lot about the drivers, but also kit reliability in my opinion.)