5IVE-T 1/5 Scale 4WD Roller Short Course Truck by Losi
This item is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. You may want to search our site for a similar item.
This product was added to our catalog on June 6, 2013.The 1/5-scale Losi 5IVE-T Roller is the closest thing to a full-size trophy truck in terms of scale realism, performance, experience and customization in the R/C world. This version of the 5IVE-T includes the same components that are found on the iconic 5IVE-T, but leaves the choice of electronics and engine up to the user. This is the ideal vehicle for drivers who prefer to choose the engine, servos, and radio equipment that best suits their needs.
In Depth Features:
- Roller Assembly: The 5ive-T Roller is pre-assembled and ready the electronics and engine of your choice. This allows for the selection of servos, radio equipment, gas engine and pipe to maximize the performance of the 5ive-T to suit your needs.
- 4wd Drivetrain: The 5ive-T Roller features the same 4WD system found on the current BND model. It is based on the successful 1/8-scale 8IGHT family of vehicles. The 5IVE-T chassis has been proven over and over again in races and extremely brutal bashing conditions.
- Extra Large-Bore Shocks: These large-bore threaded, aluminum shocks feature oversized 7mm shock shafts designed to stand up to the punishment of 1/5-scale action. The threaded adjusters allow for fine-tuning while the extra high fluid volume delivers control over the roughest terrain.
- Massive 5mm Aluminum Chassis: This is no ordinary chassis. It is based on the award winning, race-proven 8IGHT Platform. It has been designed to produce the best performance possible. The chassis plate is constructed of 5mm aircraft-grade aluminum and has been machined to save weight and add strength to provide extreme durability.
- Innovative Clutch Mount & Housing: The finned aluminum clutch mount adds strength and durability, providing unmatched heat dissipation for increased longevity of the 8,000 RPM clutch. Since it is enclosed, it prevents dirt and debris from entering and fouling the parts. The oversized bearings handle greater loads and are more reliable.
- Multi-Piece Beadlock Off-Road Wheels: These monster wheels are true beadlock wheels with rings on both the inner and outer bead of the tire. With the amount of power the 5IVE-T produces and the sheer size of these tires, these wheels will provide a stable platform for the all-terrain tires. Many popular 1/5-scale tires will mount right on these beadlock wheels.
- 4WD Power Train w/All Metal Gears: The 5IVE-T uses precision cut or formed, heat treated steel gears throughout the drive train. No plastic gears. These are the strongest and most durable type of gears available and expensive option items on other models.
- Full Roll Cage Modeled After Full-Scale Trucks: The realistic cage provides added durability to the assembly absorbing impacts as well as a solid base for the modular body. The unique design allows the body and cage to be removed with only four screws and four body clips in seconds.
- Four-Piece Body: The Roller includes a clear, four-panel body set and decal sheet so it can be painted and customized in an endless number of possibilities.
- 4-Wheel Drive Power Train with All Metal Gears
- 5mm Aluminum Chassis Design Based on Successful 8IGHT™ Platform
- 3-Tunable Sealed Viscous Differentials
- Large-bore Shocks with 7mm Shafts/Threaded Adjusters
- Multi-Piece Beadlock Off-Road Wheels
- Aluminum Dual-Disk Braking System
- Extra-Large 800cc Fuel Tank With Clunk
- 2-Stage Air and Fuel Filter Systems
- Full Roll Cage Modeled After Full-Scale Trucks
- 4-Piece Body with Ability to Replace Individual Panels
- CV Driveshafts Used Throughout
- Innovative sealed clutch mount with cooling fins
Type: Short Course Truck
Length: 38 in (965.2mm)
Width: 20.75 in (527mm)
Height: 12.25 in (311.1mm)
Ground Clearance: 2 in (50.8mm)
Wheelbase: 24 in (609.6mm)
Chassis: 5mm 6061-T6
Suspension: 4 wheel independant
Drivetrain: 4WD with 3 silicone fluid differentials
Tire Type: Off-Road all-terrain
Gear Pitch: 1.5 Module
Wheel Size: 4.75 in (120.6mm)
Kit/RTR: Rolling Chassis
Shock Type: 24mm Diameter Oil Filled with Compensation Bladders
Body: Modular Lexan Truck Body with Stickers to Apply
Ball Bearings: Included Throughout Including Steering
Fuel Tank Capacity: 800cc
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- 2.4GHz DSM® surface transmitter and receiver
- Gasoline with 2-cycle oil
- 23–29cc Gas Engine
- Tuned Pipe
- 1/5-Scale Steering Servo
- 1/5-Scale Throttle Servo
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Receiver Battery and Charger