500XF-925-G3 High Performance Brushless 450/500 Class Motor (925kV) by KDE Direct
This is the KDE 500XF-925-G3, 925kV 450/500 Class Helicopter Motor. The KDE Direct 500XF-925-G3 High-Performance Brushless Motor was developed for the SAB Heli Division Goblin 380, but is also an extremely efficient and powerful motor option for any 450 through 500-class electric RC helicopter. Using the latest Computer-Aided Magnetic Field Analysis software to design the most efficient and optimized design for high-level, 3D-competition flight and the highest-quality materials and processes in manufacturing; the "G3" series is the next generation in performance for RC helicopters.
Designed with performance and durability in-mind, the G3 delivers features unseen in the current market: (1) high-grade, 240°C continuous (340°C maximum) high-temperature solid-core copper windings for failure-free operation in extreme-climates, (2) Japanese-built, 0.2 mm silicon-steel stator laminations with Kevlar tie-wraps for high-efficiency performance, and (3) quad-bearing supported, ABEC-7 bearings for maintenance-free and worry-free flying for hundreds of hours. These are just a few of the advantages built-in to the XF-G3 motors, and every detail of the motors was scrutinized to produce the absolute best available; for a wide-range of flight applications. Motors include 200°C, 13 AWG silicone-wire leads and ф4.0mm 24k Bullet Connectors (pre-soldered to the motor leads and ESC bullets in the box).
- Industry-Leading Performance: Magnetic field simulation and years of field testing utilized to optimize power‐output efficiency and torque‐curves for RC Helicopter specific application. The XF Generation 3 Brushless Motor Series produce industry-leading performance and are built to the highest-quality standards and manufacturing technologies available; including proprietary techniques never before introduced.
- Universal Mounting Pattern: All XF Gen3 Series motor have dual-mounting hole patters for easy installation into all helicopter brands and standard motor mounts. In addition, all XF Gen 3 versions are high-grade, Japanese quad-bearing supported for exceptional durability and vibration-free, smooth operation.
- Optimized Stator Construction: Stator construction uses the highest-grade, 0.2mm silicon steel laminations and ultra-high temperature (240°C/464°F), pure-copper core-windings for optimum efficiency and power transfer. All windings are further secured with a continuous, Kevlar-tie wrap and epoxy seal to significantly reduce chances of winding shorts.
- Magnet Bell Construction: All XF Gen 3 Series motors use true‐grade, ultra-high temperature rated N45UH Neodymium sintered-magnets (10-pole, 85% magnetic surface coverage) for industry leading performance. An upper magnet retaining ring, machined slots, and 360° epoxy bonds are incorporated at each magnet location to secure a permanent connection to the motor housing for unparalleled, failure-free operation.
- High Volume Centrifugal Fan: The XF Gen 3 fan design is further optimized for high-power airflow at minimal amperage-draw; providing a cool-running, 3D competition-ready motor, even under the hardest and most demanding flying styles and weather conditions.
- Silicon-Wire Power Leads: High‐temperature (200°C/392°F), silicon‐wire power leads come pre‐soldered with 24K male bullet connectors and rubber exit-wire gasket protection for easy installation.
Material: Neodymium N45UH, 925Kv
Models: 450- through 500-class helicopters (compatible with M4 x ф30mm and M3 x ф25mm mounting profiles) and ф5mm exit shaft (22.5mm extension).
Finish: Clear anodize, mirror-polish CNC gloss endbells, with black electro-plate, CNC gloss central core (flux ring)
Kv: 925 RPM/V
Maximum Current: 83+ A (2 sec)
Maximum Power: 1,845+ W (2 sec)
Continuous Current: 58+ A
Continuous Power: 1,285+ W
Maximum Efficiency: 91%
Voltage Range: 25.2 V (6S) - 33.6 V (8S)
Io (@10V): 1.2 A
Rm (Wind Resistance): 0.019 Ω
Magnetic Poles: 10 (12S10P)
Bearings: Quad, 696ZZ/MR106ZZ
Mount Pattern: M4 x ф30mm, M3 x ф25mm
Stator Class: 3514, 9T+9T, YY
Stator Windings: 10-Strand, ф0.30mm (Equivalent Stator Winding: 1-Strand, ф1.05mm solid-core)
Shaft Diameter: ф5mm (ф6mm Internal)
Shaft Length: 22.5mm
Motor Dimension: ф41mm x 37.5mm
Motor Weight: 155g (175g with Wire Leads)
Motor Leads: 13 AWG, 200°C
Cooling System: High-Volume Centrifugal Fan
Motor Timing: 5° - 15°
ESC PWM Rate: 8 - 16 kHz
This product was added to our catalog on January 19, 2015.
Balancing is excellent, 4* ABEC 7 bearing ensures absolute slop free operation.
Currently running with my HOBBYWING V4 80A ESC on GOBLIN 380.