350 QX3 AP Combo RTF Aerial Photography Quadcopter Drone w/C-Go 2 HD Camera & Gimbal by Blade Helis
This is the Blade 350 QX3 AP Combo RTF Aerial Photography Quadcopter, with C-Go 2 HD camera/brushless gimbal combo. If you have wanted to explore the exciting world of aerial photography, but are intimidated by the cost and learning curve, the Blade 350 QX3 AP Combo delivers everything you need in one box. This combo combines the C-Go 2 brushless 3-axis gimbal and 1080p HD camera with the performance and stability of the Blade 350 QX, creating an easy to fly drone with the capabilities to capture high quality images.
- SAFE® Technology Makes You Look Like a Pro: What makes the Blade 350 QX3 such a great camera platform? Advanced SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology. Using this technology, the Blade 350 QX3 gives you two flight modes that have been specially programmed for capturing aerial video and images. Both feature self-leveling and use GPS and altitude sensors to precisely hold position in a hover. SAFE technology will even land the aircraft for you if you activate the Return Home function.
- Smart Mode: Perfect for first-time drone flyers. In Smart Mode, the 350 QX3 will always fly in whatever direction the control stick is pushed. This is called Stick Relativity. It doesn’t matter which way the nose is pointed. If you move the control stick to the right, even if the aircraft is spinning, it will fly to the right. Smart Mode also creates a SAFE Circle™ barrier that prevents the aircraft from flying too close to the pilot.
- AP (Aerial Photography) Mode: For more experienced drone pilots. In this mode, the Blade 350 QX3 responds to control inputs like a conventional RC aircraft without Stick Relativity. It also gives the pilot more control authority by turning off the SAFE Circle and allowing steeper bank and pitch angles. This makes it possible to get faster panning and tracking shots when you’re shooting high-energy, action video.
- Return Home: This safety feature can be activated at any time with the flip of a switch. When activated, the Blade 350 QX3 will automatically fly itself back to the place its motors were first started and land without any help from the pilot. It’s great for first-time flyers who aren’t quite ready to land the aircraft themselves. It’s also handy if you temporarily lose sight of your 350 QX3 while chasing down the perfect shot. Just activate Return Home until you regain visual contact and then turn it off to resume control. If for whatever reason the transmitter signal is lost, Return Home will take over and fly the 350 QX3 back to you until it lands or the signal is restored.
- Intuitive Programming Interface: The free PC programming interface makes monitoring systems, adjusting settings and calibrating sensors as easy as point and click. It features four screens.
- Sensor Information Screen:
- See status of all sensors and speed controls at a glance
- Check battery voltage and accelerometer operation
- Calibration Screen:
- One-click calibration of accelerometers and camera gimbal
- Instructions for calibrating compass sensor and DX4 transmitter
- Adjust geo-referenced flight boundaries
- GPS Screen:
- See number of available satellites and signal strength
- Verify latitude, longitude and altitude indications
- Verify GPS accuracy
- Device Information Screen:
- See programming software version
- See quad firmware version and vehicle ID
- Update firmware
- Adjustable Flight Boundaries: As an added safety feature, the Blade 350 QX3 operates within geo-referenced flight boundaries that you define. Out of the box, its boundaries are set at 100 meters from and 50 meters above the point where the motors were started. You can adjust these boundaries using the programming interface.
- Distance Boundary Range: 20 m (Approx. 65 ft) out to 2500 m (Approx. 1 ½ miles)
- Height Boundary Range: 20 m (Approx. 65 ft.) up to 1000 m (Approx. 3,280 ft.)
- Blade CGO2 GB 3-Axis Stabilized Camera: The included CGO2 GB combines a 16 megapixel, 1080p/60 camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit that captures smooth, steady aerial video and still images in brilliant detail. It also features a built-in 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link that lets you control the camera and see live streaming video using a compatible iOS or Android mobile device. All you need is the free CGO2 app, available at Google Play and iTunes app stores. A Gimbal Control switch on the included DX4 transmitter lets you use the throttle stick to tilt the CGO2 GB camera up or down. You can use this control to make quick adjustments in flight or larger adjustments on the ground with the motors off. If you switch to Gimbal Control in flight, the 350 QX3 will suspend throttle control for 5-seconds and hold altitude while you make your adjustment. After 5-seconds throttle control will return to the throttle stick. If you need to make further adjustments in flight, simply cycle the switch from Aircraft Control to Gimbal Control again. You can also engage Gimbal Control on the ground with the motors off. With the motors off, there is no time limit on Gimbal Control. This is a great way to make large camera tilt adjustments and test the Gimbal Control function before you fly.
- Includes an Easy-to-Use DX4 Transmitter: The included DX4 is a full-range transmitter that uses the same Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology preferred by RC experts the world over. This advanced signal processing technology provides superb range and interference protection, especially in ‘noisy’ environments where a lot of 2.4GHz systems are in use at the same time. The DX4 also features spring-loaded control sticks that make the Blade 350 QX3 incredibly easy to fly. For instance, when using the throttle stick, instead of having to hunt for the right power setting when entering a hover, just climb or descend to the altitude you want and let go of the stick. The 350 QX3 will automatically hold altitude when the throttle stick snaps back to neutral. The same goes for the other controls. Once you have the aircraft where you want it, just let go of the sticks. With the sticks at neutral, SAFE technology will stabilize the 350 QX3 and hold position until you are ready to fly somewhere else.
- Includes Flight Battery and Charger: Along with the transmitter, the 350 QX3 AP Combo includes a long lasting 3000mAh Li-Po flight battery and a DC Li-Po charger with an AC adapter. Extra flight batteries are available so you can enjoy more flying time between charges (EFLB30003S30).
- Captures smooth, steady aerial video in brilliant high definition
- Includes everything in one box
- Easy to fly – no experience necessary
- 10 - 15 minute flight times
- Mast-mounted GPS antenna for improved GPS performance
- 5.8GHz Wi-Fi link for compatible iOS and Android devices
- Advanced SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology
- Smart Flight Mode – SAFE Circle™ barrier, stick relative control response and GPS/Altitude hold
- AP Flight Mode – faster panning and tracking response with GPS/Altitude hold
- Return Home function – aircraft returns to start up point and lands on its own
- Blade® CGO2 GB 16MP 1080p/60 camera with integrated 3-axis brushless gimbal
- Micro SD card for camera
- Micro USB to USB data transfer cable
- E-flite® 3S 3000mAh 11.1V 30C Li-Po Flight Battery
- E-flite DC Li-Po battery charger with AC adapter
- Spektrum™ DX4 transmitter with mobile device mount
- Four AA transmitter batteries
Main Rotor Diameter: 22.8 in (580mm)
Gross Weight: 33.7 oz (955g)
Length: 18.3 in (465mm)
Rotor Blade Length: 8.27 in (210mm)
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
This product was added to our catalog on December 9, 2014.
The easy flight mode is great for beginners, slow movements so not to lose control. AP mode, has nice sharp movements.
Other flight modes are easy to setup, once the video has been viewed, no included directions.
The camera set up is easy also, just have your phone search for new WiFi connections, and connect to the CGO2 connection, then open the app, good to go.
Make sure to do the compass and accelerometer calibrations before attempting any flights.
I would recommend this to my friends and family
I had some electronics issue come up - tech support from Horizon Hobby is very poor.
all they will do is send you a soft copy of the manual and point to a page.
this doesn't help to replace the blown chip on a IC board, they don't support for replacement.)