22-4 2.0 1/10 4WD Electric Buggy Kit by Team Losi Racing
The TLR 22-4 2.0 refines the successful 22-4 platform with updates that include gear differentials, revised suspension geometry and much more.
- Gear Differentials: The low maintenance gear differentials are designed narrow, so there is no need to compromise the inner pivot or roll center widths. Besides providing improved performance on all types of surfaces, the gear diffs can be accurately and consistently tuned using diff fluid. Their cases are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum but they do not weigh any more than stock ball diffs.
- Optimized Suspension Geometry: Converting to the 22 off-set, rear-hub geometry has widened the rear track width, creating more stability in the rear end so racers can push the car harder with confidence. The 22 rear hub is paired with a vertical-mount, rear-camber block. This provides multiple adjustments that allow the rear roll center to be optimized for any conditions.
- Multiple Battery Configurations: The chassis and mud guard are designed to accommodate a variety of battery configurations. A shorty pack can be mounted forward or backward on the left side of the chassis using the molded locator. Saddle packs can be mounted with one half on each side of the chassis. When using a saddle pack, the left side can be moved fore or aft to adjust weight bias.
- Popular Tuning Parts Included: The kit comes standard with 12.5˚ aluminum caster blocks, a 2.5˚rear toe plate, a pink rear sway bar, a vertical-ball stud rear camber block, front and rear CVAs and a cab-forward body. These parts maximize the buggy’s performance by improving stability, balance and adjustability.
- Split Belt Covers: The center and rear belt cover are now split and to not interlock. Now you can remove the center belt cover by removing only the front cover, and the rear belt cover will remain untouched.
- CVA Driveshafts: This popular tuning option for the original 22-4 buggy is now included with the 2.0. The CVAs lock up under acceleration and keep the car flatter, especially during hard acceleration.
- Lightweight 2.5mm 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis: The aluminum main chassis plate has been CNC machined for optimal fit and flex. Milled pockets in the chassis reduce weight, including an open pocket under the motor that reduces temps.
- Centralized Forward Motor Placement: The aluminum chassis has been CNC machined from 2.5mm 7075-T6 aluminum. Carefully designed, the milled pockets in the chassis are strategically located to reduce weight and maintain proper flex through the chassis.
Type: Race Kit
Length: 16.5 in (419.1mm)
Width: 9.41 in (239.0mm)
Height: 6.50 in (165.1mm)
Wheelbase: 11.10 in (282.3mm)
Weight: Varies with Equipment
Chassis: 2.5mm Plate, 7075-T6
Suspension: Four Wheel Independent
Gear Pitch: 48-pitch
Wheel Size: 2.2" (55.9mm)
Shock Type: Coilover, Oil Filled
Body: 1.0mm Polycarbonate, Clear
Ball Bearings: Full
Experience Level: Advanced
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Surface Radio System (Minimum)
- 1/10 ESC & Motor
- High Speed Servo
- 2S LiPo Battery - Saddle or Shorty Type & Compatible Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- 2.2 1/10 Rear & 4wd Buggy Front Tires & CA Glue
This product was added to our catalog on June 6, 2016.
Old Losi XX4 with all its downsides doe to cracking towers, delicate 2M front and side belts was any way much better. It just needed few modifications - like rear tower reinforcement, and belt tensioner for mid belt. also quite regular mid belt rreplacing- like every 20 batteries. BUT it always did drive smooth , easy, and was very consistent. I did love it, but with Lipos and Brushless motors, and increasing traction it became just to fragile at the end.
After Team Losi went trough transformations and quite long period with no real race cars I was almost desparete to get some good and easy to drive car like XX4. When i first saw some spy shots of Yellow 22-4 on the Liverc i cried. For real i couldnt stop crying for about minute after seeing that the wait is over. And what TLR came with is nothing but new moder incarnation od best ever 4wd car. I did preorder my first 22-4 just as it became available.
After building i could have say that its not the same incredible and friendly design as the old XX4, its in many ways better material are much stronger and durable , also belt tensioners have been introduced . All week points of old XX4 eliminated and reinforced etc. But most of the spirit was transferred. I would say its a little bit like the Robocop story. Old hero reborn in much more sophisticated chassis.
When i tried it on track i was almost perfect right out of the box. I just added sway bars and changed roll center a little bit. But it felt even better than the old XX4.
In my opinion ist best car for almost 90% of all racers. New version "2" is even ready for extremely high traction on carpet o astro turf.
The only thing that i wish was taken from old car was the instruction manual. Old manual ( from the original Team Losi) was in friendly commination with user. All steps of build had essential cometary sometimes decorated with hidden small jokes. The new manual is simply instruction for a machine with no feelings. You cant find any place that would suggest that makers of the car really care that you have a good time with their product or that they are happy that you purchased their product. I would say to TLR stuff - "WORK ON IT"- RC racers are not machines , we are dedicated lovers that with joy spend lots of money on high performance toys. Those toy have to give us pleasure not only on track but also in pit area , at home during build.
General opinion: superb car. Best that you can buy. Just wish instruction and description about setup and option parts was better- more friendly not that formal.)
maybe they break in. Second thing are CVD, rear ones needs sanding to work properly also sanding was needed for one front wheel hex, because he would not fit on axel. In conclusion I think losi needs to work on their product quality, bags labelling.)