22-4 1/10 4WD Electric Buggy Kit by Team Losi Racing
This product was added to our catalog on January 22, 2014.
This is the Team Losi Racing 22-4 1/10 4WD Buggy Kit. The 22-4 is the culmination of over two years of testing, tweaking and focusing on every detail, no matter how small. The goal was to develop a durable and high performance 4wd platform with the features necessary to propel TLR enthusiasts to the winners circle. Brilliant engineers and some of the worlds best drivers came together, choosing or designing every single component. Whether you are a club racer or a championship contender, the 22-4 is a well-balanced machine that will excite drivers of any skill level.
- 2.5MM HARD ANODIZED 7075 T-6 ALUMINUM CHASSIS: The lightweight aluminum chassis has been milled to reduce weight without sacrificing strength. Its rigidity minimizes torsion and longitudinal flex so the drive belts are always positively engaged. Removable mud guards are included.
- SEALED 3-BELT DRIVETRAIN: The innovative 3-belt drivetrain delivers better grip and acceleration than gear-driven designs. Itís completely sealed from the elements by modular covers that make maintaining and adjusting belt tension a breeze.
- CENTRALIZED FORWARD MOTOR MOUNT: The position of the motor mount makes for a more balanced chassis with superb handling characteristics.
- GEN II HARD-ANODIZED, BIG BORE 12MM EMULSION SHOCKS: The shocks are equipped with low friction Ti-CN shock shafts and CNC machined pistons. Theyíre topped by a threaded aluminum bleeder cap with an outer O-ring seal. An X-ring shaft seal prolongs life and reduces maintenance.
- BALL BEARING STEERING: The smooth, precise ball bearing steering features an Ackerman that can be adjusted via the bell cranks.
- REVISED SLIPPER SYSTEM: The larger surface area of the HDS slipper pads provide more consistency on high grip tracks throughout the life of the pads.
- IMPROVED DIFFERENTIALS: Tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, along with revised thrust washers, deliver ultra-smooth operation and longer life.
- UNIVERSAL DRIVESHAFTS: Team Losi Racing universal joints are included for improved performance and handling on rough tracks.
- INTEGRATED BATTERY RESTRAINT SYSTEM: The battery restraint system has been designed so different sizes and types of battery packs can be mounted for optimum chassis balance
- TWO SETS OF TLR WHEELS: The kit includes two sets of wheels that are mounted using a standard 12mm hex. Tires and inserts are sold separately so you can use the treads and compounds you prefer.
- COMPACT WING MOUNT: The compact, one-piece wing mount is remarkably durable and provides plenty of rear tire clearance for the wing. The wing itself is 6.5 inches wide and made of 1.2mm thick Lexan material.
- MID-CAB BODY: The distinctive shape of the mid-cab body design not only sets the buggy apart visually, but improves handling at high speeds.
- SMALL DIAMETER OUTDRIVES: The small diameter outdrives improve forward traction and allow you to corner faster because the differential includes tungsten carbide differential and thrust balls.
- FULL BALL BEARINGS: High quality C3 rubber-shielded ball bearings are used throughout the chassis.
- TI-CN (TITANIUM CARBON NITRIDE) HINGE PINS: The Ti-CN coating on the hinge pins not only makes them incredibly durable, but actually reduces friction so the suspension moves more freely.
- INCLUDED ALUMINUM PARTS: The kit comes with several machined aluminum parts that give the chassis even more strength and durability. They include:
- Aluminum front and rear camber blocks
- Aluminum rear toe plates
- Aluminum spindle carriers
- ADJUSTABLE ANTI-SQUAT: Rear anti-squat can quickly and easily be adjusted by adding or removing the included shims.
- METRIC HARDWARE: The 22-4 buggy was built for racers all over the world, thatís why all hardware including screws, nuts, hinge pins and bearings are in metric sizes.
- FRONT ONE-WAY CLICKER OR FULL-TIME 4WD: The drivetrain can be set up for full-time 4WD or with an optional one-way clicker on the front. Using the clicker allows the front belt drive system to free wheel during deceleration for more off-power steering. Drivers can precisely set the amount of steering they want by adjusting the tension of the clicker spring.
Type: 4WD Off-Road Buggy Kit
Length: 16.5 in (419.1mm)
Width: 9.41 in (239.0mm)
Height: 6.50 in (165.1mm)
Ground Clearance: Adjustable
Wheelbase: 11.10 in (282.3mm)
Chassis: 2.5mm Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: Four Wheel Independent
Drivetrain: 4WD Belt
Gear Pitch: 48-pitch (84T Spur Gear)
Wheel Width: 1.04 in (26.0mm front),1.50 in (38.0mm rear);
Wheel Diameter: 2.2 in (55.9mm)
Shock Type: Coilover, Oil Filled
Body: Clear Polycarbonate
Ball Bearings: Full set
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Adult Supervision Required
Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Surface Radio System (Minimum)
- 1/10 ESC & Motor
- High Speed Servo
- 2S LiPo Saddle Type Battery & Compatible Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- 2.2 1/10 Rear & 4wd Buggy Front Tires & CA Glue
This car has great control and the engineering is just a treat to witness. Saddle pack or shorty is really your only debate.
Electronics are a tight packed situation but I was able to comfortably fit a Novak pulse v2 in my build with little issue ( it looks like a shortly can still fit behind it ). My only suggestion would be if you get something like the large pulse v2 mount it with the wired side against the belt housing. If you mount it the other way the motor wires will be pressing up on the left side of the car body.
The wire management is gorgeous on the car other than the motor wire tight fit. There is a channel behind the motor for wires to go under the servo. I channeled my temp, rpm, and receiver wires through here. You will need a micro receiver or put one on its side.
The car is a champ... oh and save yourself the wait and buy the Lunsford titanium turnbuckle for this car. The stock turnbuckles are ugly and super heavy.)
The 22-4 is indeed an upgrade for modern power and precision. Very reliable, fast and quiet! A sweet machine. The buggy market at large is showing the power of belt drive. TLR had it right the whole time!! Awesome machine with great handling!)
I can't recommend this car highly enough.)
My only complaint/comment so far is the front suspension arms which I broke one of after hitting a wall pretty hard and I have been unable to find an aluminum up-grade for this Losi 22-4.
I have built 1 Team Associated B-5 kit, 1 Tamiya Land Cruiser Rock Crawler kit, this kit and another Losi SCTE 2.0 kit. They are all great kits but I like the Losi's kits best so far.
I feel quite strongly that most of the problems other people have complained about in the drive train is due to NOT being assembled and adjusted properly. That does take some time to do properly.)
Overall, I was looking forward to building and enjoying this kit. I did order the aluminum bell crank and steering components from Amain, as there service and prices are great. But, I did initially think that Losi would have put move attention to detail and durability in this kit.)
I open the rear diff assembly and it was totally broke between inside and out side of pulley gear.
Diff screw is very easy to broke when assembly front and rear diff system.
Sorry Losi, Good effort but failed engineering.)