12mm V2 Flat Machined Piston (2) (2x1.7mm) by Avid RC
This product was added to our catalog on December 26, 2016.
This is a pack of two optional Avid RC 2x1.7mm Machined Shock Pistons. These pistons can be used with Team Associated, V2 "Screw Style" Shocks.
Avid recommends that these pistons are used in the front of a 1/10 2wd buggy, with 35wt oil in the front and 32.5wt oil in the rear on tracks which have medium to low grip conditions, and have no large jumps.
For more information on Avid piston applications and tuning recommendations, click here.
- Use the 2 x 1.5 piston in truck or SC in front with 30 - 35wt.
- Use the 2 x 1.6 piston in truck or buggy with 30 - 32.5wt in front and 27.5 - 30wt in the rear
- Use the 2 x 1.7 piston in buggy with 35wt in front and 32.5wt in rear.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.6. In buggy, typically start with 30 wt oil front and 27.5 or 30wt rear.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.7. In buggy or truck, typically start with 30 or 32.5 wt oil in rear shocks.
- For a 4wd buggy, Avid recommends 1.5+1.1 front with 35 wt and 1.6+1.1 rear with 30 wt or 2 x 1.7 in the rear with 30wt.
- Fits 12mm shocks for Team Associated V2 "Screw Style" shocks.
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- Each package includes 2 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.