10GX 10cc Gas Engine w/Pumped Carburetor by Evolution
This product was added to our catalog on October 20, 2015.
This is the Evolution 10GX 10cc Gas Engine with Pumped Carburetor. Deliver the fuel efficiency and gas engine ease-of-operation to your .46–.61-size airplane flying experience with the improved Evolution 10GX engine.
Based on the 10cc engine that launched the small-block gas engine revolution, the 10GX features a pumped carburetor that makes needle valve adjustment easier and allows fuel flow to be consistent regardless of fuel tank location. The 10GX is a great choice for converting your favorite airplanes to efficient gas power.
But what sets the 10GX apart from its nitro-fueled counterparts is its phenomenal fuel efficiency. It takes only 30% of the gas/petrol to run the 10GX the same amount of time it would to run a comparably sized glow engine. That's an amazing efficiency level that results in a cost per flight difference of 90% on average to you. More flying on less fuel with less fuss – that's what the Evolution 10GX is all about. Since you don't need the huge tank for glow-fuel anymore, finding room for the ignition and ignition battery is easy.
Since the first release of the Evolution 10GX small-block engine, countless modelers have discovered the benefits of gas power in aircraft formerly dominated by the .46-size glow engines. Now that same great engine features a pump-style carburetor that makes needle valve adjustment easier and allows fuel flow to be consistent.
Standard beam mount dimensions and typical .46-size specification allow it to fit anywhere you might use a .46 to .61-size glow engine. It also means that overall weight is remarkably light, even with its included compact ignition, muffler and recommended 2S LiPo ignition battery.
All of the Evolution brand gas engines are designed from the start to provide you with excellent performance at a fraction of your previous operating costs. We have painstakingly designed each engine to insure a hassle free experience without giving away anything in expected performance or durability.
- Pumped-carburetor for greater reliability and ease of installation
- Reliable fuel system—easy to tune and efficient
- One-piece, torpedo-style muffler included
- Outstanding power and performance for demanding RC pilots
- Running gasoline lowers operating costs as much as 90%
- Standard 40- to 60-size beam mount allows for traditional mounting
- Lightweight design means better overall airplane performance
- Uses less than a 5% gas/oil mixture for less mess at the end of the day
- Ignition case is half the size of traditional ignition systems
- Accepts a wide range of ignition power options from 4.8–8.4V
- Exceptionally broad torque range supports propeller sizes from 11 x 7 up to 13 x 8
- Supplied with gas/petrol compatible fuel tubing and high-quality filters
Type: 2-stroke Airplane
Displacement: 0.59 cu. in. (9.7 cc)
Bore: 0.94 in (24mm)
Stroke: 0.85 in (21.5mm)
Cylinder Type: ABC
Plug Type: 1/4-32 EVO spark plug
Total Weight: 22.7 oz (645 g)
Engine (Only) Weight: 15.4 oz (436 g)
Muffler Weight: 3.9 oz (111 g)
Ignition Weight: 3.40 oz (98 g)
Crankshaft Type: Threaded
Crankshaft Threads: 1/4-28
Benchmark Prop: EVO 12 x 6 @ 11,100 rpm
Prop Range: 10×6 – 13×8
RPM Range: 2,300–18,000
Recommended Fuel: 87–92 octane gasoline
Oil Type & Content: 2-stroke oil, 20:1 gas/oil ratio
Muffler Type: Expansion Chamber (included)
Carb Type: Evolution Pumped
Will give further info on performance soon.)