1/18 RTR 4WD Electric Monster Truck by Dromida w/2.4GHz Radio, Battery & Charger
The Dromida Monster Truck is fully equipped, ready for all terrain action! Its Torque 370 motor delivers smooth performance, while a 2.4GHz radio system provides interference-free control so you can drive with friends. All-weather electronics and large chevron pattern monster truck tires allow you to take on rain, mud, snow and more. Big Bore oil shocks, high-traction tires and tough front/rear bumpers round out the built-in bonuses that make it easy for you to bash, crash and repeat!
- Monster Truck:
- Tough, factory-painted and decaled monster truck body
- Installed Torque 370 motor
- Rugged, reliable 4WD system for balanced traction and handling
- Tough gear differentials for dependable power delivery
- Big Bore oil shocks to withstand rough off-road action
- Mounted, high-traction tires with foam inserts for better handling
- Big front/rear bumpers to absorb impact energy
- Adjustable camber rods, shock positions and more for performance tuning
- Ball bearings for less friction and wear, smoother operation and higher speeds
- D100 Radio:
- Reliable, interference-free 2.4GHz technology
- Steering and throttle trims for performance tuning
- Steering and throttle dual rates for tailoring response to your skills and preferences
- Servo reversing for installation ease
- LEDs for monitoring the battery’s power level
- Waterproof ESC/receiver with push-button linking
- Waterproof, independent steering servo and servo saver for smooth, easy steering and gear protection
- Batteries and Charger:
- High-capacity 6-cell, 1300mAh NiMH battery
- 100-240V AC fast charger with international plug inserts
Length: 10.5 in (266 mm)
Width: 7.8 in (198 mm)
Height: 4.6 in (117 mm)
Weight w/battery: 1.4 lb (632 g)
- Assembled vehicle
- Finished, trimmed body
- Factory-installed motor, RX18 receiver/speed control, DS100 steering servo
- D100 2.4GHz radio system with trims, dual rates and servo reversing
- Rechargeable NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) battery
- (4) "AA" batteries
This product was added to our catalog on November 17, 2016.
Before I explain, my son is an experienced driver so he is not just going full throttle all of the time and running into stuff. He takes care of his cars and this was no exception. He did not crash it or run it into anything. This was from just basic usage on the street and dirt in front of our house.
My son was able to drive the truck three times (three battery charges) before parts starting breaking. The first to go were the dogbones. They are plastic and quickly were severed by the power of the motor. So we bought the dogbone upgrade kit which has aluminum shafts. This allowed him to drive it a few more times before the spur gear, which was a poor quality nylon type plastic component being driven by what I believe is a brass gear from off of the motor, was shredded. So again, the truck was out for a few days while we waited for the Drive Train Aluminum Upgrade Kit.
After the installation of this upgrade kit, which did not include any directions and required searching for a help video online, (make sure you put the gears back in the right way otherwise you will have a truck that runs in reverse instead of accelerating forward) he was back in business for a few more runs. That is until someone else broke. After I pulled it apart again I could not identify exactly what was wrong with it as all of the axles and shafts and gears were in good shape, lubricated, and no signs of significant wear. The wheels would spin when the truck was off the ground but when on the ground, it would not move. I checked out the drive gear off of the motor and before I could test it further, the motor shaft broke. So that explained that issue. I am now contemplating on purchasing another motor for the thing but not sure if I want to keep dumping money into it.
I would not recommend this for a beginners car due to how fast it is and the quality of the parts. It is highly susceptible to drive train mechanical failure as some other reviews have pointed out on other sites. Now, I understand its a cheap RC car when compared to the higher quality ones, but I feel that I should not have to buy the car, then spend an extra $100 in upgrade parts just to have it work as it was intended. If components would not have failed so quickly I would have given this a 5 rating as it drove great and was a blast to drive when it worked. So, if you purchase this, I would highly recommend picking up the drive train upgrade kits and have an extra motor on hand in the event of failure.)