The O.S. .55AX ABL Glow Airplane Engine is better than ever, with an improved carburetor and muffler. You get the same phenomenal power, with the convenience and safety of a rear angled needle valve on the carb and a squared off muffler for easier cowling installation. If you want .50 scale power that fits conveniently in .40 size planes, get the 55AX and get flying!
- Comes with the E3071 muffler for quiet efficiency.
- 40K carburetor has a diagonally placed needle valve so you don't need a remote needle valve.
- Mounts directly into the bolt pattern for the O.S. Max .46 AXII
- Advanced Bimetallic Liner (ABL) uses two alloys to provide a durable layer between the brass liner and piston.
- Recommended prop sizes: 12x7, 12x8, 13x6, 13x7.
- Angular head design offers increased surface area for better cooling
- Two year limited warranty through Hobby Services beginning at date of purchase
- Requires Aircraft blend fuel containing 5%-20% Nitromethane with at least 18% lubricant
- Includes O.S. Max 55 AX ABL Aircraft Engine with E-3071 Muffler, 40K carburetor, #8 glow plug, illustrated instruction manual, 3.5" (90mm) long needle valve, extension cable and two 3x35mm muffler screws
.545 cu in (8.93cc)
1.75 PS, 1.68 HP/16,000 RPM
14.29oz (404g) w/o muffler
11x6, 11x7, 12x6, 12x7, 13x6
Crankshaft thread size:
Distance from center of engine to drive hub:
Distance from center of engine to end of crankshaft:
Distance/crankshaft center to muffler exhaust outlet:
Height from crankcase bottom to top of cylinder head:
Height/crankshaft center to top of cylinder head:
Width including mounting tabs:
Width not including mounting tabs:
Width between mounting holes same side:
Width between mounting holes opposite side:
Diameter of muffler body:
Angle of muffler in relation to engine:
This product is expected to arrive on Wednesday, September 19 2018.